Converting a junk auto tuner to a manual tuner

I was given a junk automatic tuner from a Kenwood HF radio years ago. I cleaned it a bit after I got and stored it. While in Mega Mall a few months ago, I saw a nice good sized cast aluminum project box at Alexan and though it would be a nice case for that tuner innards if I convert it to a manual tuner. Last night I finally drilled the last holes for the SO-239s and for the band switches. It requires 12 volts to operate, but that is ok. I might one day put in the original SWR bridge and do a built in electronic SWR meter (bar graph) or something so I left the band relays in, instead of replacing it with a rotary wafer switch. I left the original nylon gears for the capacitor shafts and use them as knobs. I just tested it on forty meters and it works well. This is now my most compact 100W tuner, so I will bring it for field work instead of the heavy Yaesu FC-901.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

First "Fun with Morse Code" Inter highschool Contest photos

Kenwood HF-50Mhz TRansceiver TS-680V Review Digest

Hot-Rod Your ICOM IC-725-Series Transceiver by Jukka Vermasvuori